09/01/2009

Salute 06

So for a while i've had the free miniature given away at Salute 06 hanging around. I always liked the pose of the two models, but the casting was terrible on the one i recieved, so I'd never quite gotten around to painting it (and in the end it took a lot of work to get rid of the moulding errors)
Over christmas i had a bit of a dirth of miniatures to paint (shops closed, waiting for presents etc), so i decided to paint some of the models that i already had.
I'm sure that originally the two models were meant to be set in a specific time period, but i just painted them in ways that looked correct to me (so apologies to any "classical wargamers" who might have problems with the paint scheme!)
I've placed the models on a small piece of dirt surrounded by water. I wanted to give the impression that the two soldiers had fought their way to the waters edge and the one on his knees was preparing for his last stand.
I'm quite pleased with the way the model came out. The ground especially looks good (imho!), and the water effects turned out quite nicely (although it doesnt look quite as good in the photos), despite a near disaster with my masking tape breaking and the "water" leaking everywhere.
Comments welcome as always on both the miniature and the photography...





0 comments: